- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
News > Research Highlights
Page 24 of 25
IMBB - FORTH researchers reveal a novel mechanism of mitochondria biogenesis
Feb 25, 2009Research at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, published in the international scientific journal Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, revealed a novel molecular mechanism that modulates mitochondria biogenesis.
IMBB researchers uncover a novel mechanism, important for learning and memory
Dec 05, 2008Research at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, published today in the international scientific periodical EMBO Journal, reveals an important molecular mechanism that facilitates learning and the formation of memories by the nervous system.
NeuronAge research earns Tavernarakis an ERC Advanced Investigator Grant
Nov 04, 2008Nektarios Tavernarakis, a researcher at the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), has recently been awarded the prestigious European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Investigator Grant for his research proposal titled "Molecular Basis of Neuronal Ageing - NeuronAge."
Two research projects at FORTH were awarded by the European Research Council.
Jan 15, 2008FORTH has been recently awarded with two grants of 2 million euros approximately in the competition of the European Research Council for Starting Independent Research.