- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
Crete University Press
Crete University Press (CUP) was founded in 1984, with a mutual agreement between the Pancretan Association of America and the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH) and it functions as a financially independent non-profit publishing organization, within the framework of FORTH.
The aims and objectives of Crete University Press are:
- a) scholarly and scientific publications of international academic standard,
- b) the promotion of scholarly research in the domain of Arts and Humanities with emphasis on subjects of Greek interest, through publishing activities, and
- c) the dissemination of scientific ideas and culture to a wider reading public.
The success of Crete University Press can be gauged from
- a) the 22 prizes and awards by academic societies and organisations,
- b) from the fact that about 1750 lecture courses in Greek universities use books by Crete University Press as textbooks, and
- c) the high sales rate in the Greek market (circa 120,000 copies per annum).
As of today, about 600 titles have been published from CUP – at an average of 30 new titles per year – and approximately 2 millions copies of these titles have been sold within Greece. CUP has been honoured with numerous and important distinctions, both for its publishing activity as a whole and for the high quality of specific editions – including prizes from the Academy of Athens, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy, the Greek Association of Music and Theatre Critics, etc.
Nikolaou Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton,
GR - 700 13 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Phone.: +30 2810 391083, +30 2810 391097, Fax: +30 2810 391085