- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
Science and Technology Park of Crete
Science and Technology Park of Crete (STEP-C) was established in 1993 as an initiative of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), one of the largest Research Organizations in the country. The Park has a total of 2000 sq.m floor space with more than 100 offices and labs, accommodating small technological and service companies in two buildings, at a privileged physical location.
The main objectives of STEP-C are:
- Technology transferand commercial exploitation ofmature research outcomes
- Assessment, management and exploitation ofintellectualproperty rights
- Promotionandsupportof innovative entrepreneurship
- Hosting and support ofinnovative start-up & spin-off companies
- Training of companies’ staff in Managing and exploitation of Intellectual Property, Innovation and Regional Development, Management Techniques,
- Organisation of Business Meetings and Brokerage Events for the promotion of new technologies across Greece.
- Supportof students and young people to develop their business ideas by providing advanced training seminars and by supporting the creation of new companies.
- Collaboration with local and regional authorities and business associations
Since 1995, over 60 start-up companies have been supported to grow and develop their own business ideas in the Incubator. In addition, STEP-C implements several RTDI projects, financed by the EU, national or regional funds, in the areas of Management and Exploitation of Intellectual Property, Regional Innovation, Academic Entrepreneurship, Tourism, Renewable Energies etc.
- Member of International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation (IASP)
- Member of the EuropeanEURAXESS Network