- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
"Vassilis XANTHOPOULOS" International Award for Research on Gravitational Physics
"Vassilis Xanthopoulos" International Award for research on Gravitational Physics is given every three years (during the General Relativity and Cosmology Society Conference) by the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), starting in 1991, in memory of the late Professor Vassilis Xanthopoulos. The Department of Physics of the University of Crete (UoC) is actively involved in the scientific coordination of the "Vassilis Xanthopoulos" Award.
Candidates must be outstanding young researchers in the aforementioned field and must be under 40 years old. Candidates for the "Vasilis Xanthopoulos" Award are considered by nomination only. The nominations must be sent to the secretary of the local and international committees and should be accompanied by the Curriculum Vitae of the candidate. There is no application form and the letter of the nominee, in which the reasons of the nomination are stated, is considered to be enough.
The amount of the prize is about $10,000.
For more information click here
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We would like to inform you that the awarding of "Vassilis XANTHOPOULOS" International Award for Research on Gravitational Physics will be discontinued starting from 2011 until further notice.