- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
FORTH at a glance
The Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) was founded in 1983. It is one of the largest research centers in Greece with well-organized facilities, highly qualified personnel and a reputation as a top-level research institution worldwide.
FORTH reports to the General Secretariat for Research and Technology of the Hellenic Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs.
FORTH conducts specialized scientific research in strategic high-added value sectors, focusing on interdisciplinary research and development (R&D) activities in areas of major scientific, societal and economic interest, such as: Lasers and Photonics, Microelectronics, Advanced Materials/Nanotechnology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Precision Medicine, Systems Biology, Robotics, Telecommunications, Applied and Computational Mathematics, Chemical Engineering Sciences, Energy, Environment, Human and Social Sciences, Astrophysics and Astronomy.
FORTH comprises 8 Research Institutes. Its headquarters and central administration are based in Heraklion, Crete.
- Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL)
- Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB)
- Institute of Computer Science (ICS)
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics (IACM)
- Institute of Astrophysics (established in 2018)
- Institute of Petroleum Research (established in 2019)
FORTH has also founded the following Units:
- The Crete University Press (CUP)
- The PRAXI Network, a technology transfer Unit
- The Science and Technology Park of Crete (STEP-C)
Create and maintain an environment that fosters Learning, Research and Innovation as pillars for Regional, National and European socio – economic growth.