QLUSTER - One (1) PhD candidate position
Consider mixed shape colloids (eg spheres and rods) of different softness. A starting point can be grafted particles, by varying grafting density. Also, same shape, different size. Finally, replace matrix (molecular or viscoelastic material). Focus on nonlinear shear and uniaxial extensional rheology. A 3D mapping diagram of molecular parameters vs rheological state is targeted. Subsequently, important effects such as thixotropy, Payne effect and instabilities will be investigated. A connection to structure will be attempted. Interpretation using simulations (via collaboration) is also planned.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
- Undergraduate degree and Master's in fields covering soft matter fundamentals (e.g., chemical engineering, physics, materials science)
- Background in physical chemistry and rheology
- Laboratory experience with properties of soft materials (polymeric, colloidal), especially rheology
- Recommendation letters
- Presentation/communication skills
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (email@example.com), with cc to the P.I., Prof. D. Vlassopoulos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (form Greek or form English to the left)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Scanned Copies of academic titles
- Certificate for enrollment in a PhD program
Appointment Duration12 - 36 months
Closing Date: 17.02.2023
Institute: Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser