- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Internal Committees
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
- Institute of Astrophysics
- Institute of Petroleum Research
The Onassis Foundation Science Lecture Series
The Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation and the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) organize an annual series of advanced seminar lectures. The aim of these lectures is to enhance the education and assist the advancement of talented Greek and International postgraduate as well as advanced undergraduate students. The duration of each lecture series is one week.
The lectures are delivered in English by prominent scientists from all over the world and are accompanied by lectures given by distinguished Greek scientists. The lectures cover subjects at the forefront of current research activities in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Computer Science. Two to three lecture series are organized each year, covering different scientific areas. The lectures are held in July, at the facilities of the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH) in Heraklion, Crete.
The Onassis Foundation provides aid for travel and accommodation expenses for up to 50 Greek students and up to 30 international students (post graduate and advanced undergraduate), selected on the basis of their academic performance.