16th International Symposium on Graph Drawing (GD 2008)
21-24 September 2008, Hersonissos, Heraklion Crete, Greece
The 16th International Symposium on Graph Drawing will take place in September 2008 in Heraklion, Crete. It is organized by the Institute of Computer Science of FORTH and the Department of Computer Science of the University of Crete. It is the premier scientific Symposiun in this field attracting researchers worldwide.
Graph Drawing is concerned with the geometric representation of graphs and networks and is motivated by those applications where it is crucial to visualize structural information as graphs. Bridging the gap between theoretical advances and implemented solutions is an important aspect of the conference. Indeed, advances in graph drawing are important in several technological areas such as Web computing, e-commerce, VLSI circuit design, information systems, software engineering, computational cartography, visual interfaces, bioinformatics, and networking. Researchers and practitioners working on theoretical and practical aspects of graph drawing are welcome to participate.
The range of topics that are within the scope of the International Symposium on Graph Drawing includes (but is not limited to):
- Visualization of networks, Web maps, software engineering diagrams, database schemas, chemical structures and molecules
- Graph algorithms
- Geometric graph theory
- Geometric computing
- Software systems for graph visualization
- Topology and planarity
- Graph theory and optimization on graphs
- Interfaces for interacting with graphs
- Applications that need graph drawing solutions including Biomedical Informatics, Data Mining, Networking, and Security
Symposium web site: http://www.gd2008.org/