International Conference on Applied Mathematics
The Department of Applied Mathematics of the University of Crete, the Archimedes Center for Modeling, Analysis and Computation (ACMAC) and the Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics - FORTH organized the International Conference on Applied Mathematics that was held on the grounds of FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece on September 16 - 20, 2013.
In the Conference there was presentation of plenary lectures and mini–symposia that were organized on targeted thematic programs. The Conference covered major recent developments in the general area of Applied Mathematics and attracted in FORTH a large number of leading researchers in the field of Applied Mathematics.
The plenary lecturers were:
Stefano Bianchini SISSA, Trieste, Italy / Wolfgang Dahmen RWTH Aachen, Germany / Charles Elliott University of Warwick, United Kingdom / Josselin GarnierUniversité Paris Diderot, France/ Antoine GloriaUniversité Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium / Thomas Hou Caltech, USA / Vieri Mastropietro Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy / Frank MerleUniversité de Cergy Pontoise & IHES, France/ Siddhartha Mishra ETH Zurich, Switzerland / Clement Mouhot University of Cambridge, United Kingdom / Felix Otto Max Planck Leipzig, Germany / Houman Owhadi Caltech, USA / George Papanicolaou Stanford University, USA / Lenya Ryzhik Stanford University, USA / Laure Saint–RaymondÉcole Normale Supérieure & Université Paris 6, France/ Benjamin Schlein University of Bonn, Germany / Panagiotis Souganidis University of Chicago, USA / Angela Stevens University of Münster, Germany
The list of mini-symposia and their organizers are shown below.
- Analysis and Stochastics in Physical Systems Organizers: N. Alikakos and G. Karali
- Mathematical and Computational Methods in Non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics Organizers: V. Harmandaris and M. Katsoulakis
- Waves and Imaging Organizers: G. Papanicolaou and C. Tsogka
- Functional Inequalities Organizers: S. Filippas and A. Tertikas
- Numerical Methods for P.D.E's Organizer: T. Katsaounis
- Phase Transitions Organizers: A. Giuliani and D. Tsagkarogiannis
- Hyperbolic Conservation Laws Organizers: M. Slemrod and A. Tzavaras
- Modelling and Computations in Atmospheric Sciences Organizers: N. Christakis, N. Chrysoulakis, G. Kossioris and M. Plexousakis
- Semiclassical Methods in Multiple Dimensions Organizer: G. Makrakis
- Atomistic and Continuum Modelling in Materials Organizers: C. Makridakis and P. Rosakis
- Novel Phenomena in Linear and Nonlinear Optical Systems Organizers: N. Efremidis and A. Szameit
The Organizers of the International Conference in Applied Mathematics 2013 were the members of the Complex Systems group at IACM
- Georgios Makrakis, University of Crete
- Charalambos Makridakis, University of Crete
- Chrysoula Tsogka, University of Crete
- Athanasios Tzavaras, University of Crete
The Conference web-site can be found at http://www.acmac.uoc.gr/ICAM2013/index.php