The Onassis Foundation Science Lecture Series 2013 in PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
- Konstantin Novoselov (University of Manchester, UK), Nobel Prize (2010) in Physics,
- Phaedon Avouris (IBM Thomas. J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA),
- Andrea C. Ferrari (University of Cambridge, UK),
- Stephan Roche (ICREA, Institute Catala de Nanotechnologia, Barcelona, Spain), Christian Thomsen (University of Berlin, Germany),
- Paul S. Weiss (Professor, Director California NanoSystems Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
- Hua Zhang (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore).
The Onassis Foundation provides financial support for up to 35 Greek and 15 International qualified students (post Graduate and advanced Undergraduate) to cover their travel and local subsistence.
Closing date for applications is the 15th June 2013.
The Onassis Seminar Lectures, which are organized annually since 2001 by the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation in cooperation with the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH), cover subjects which are at the forefront of the current research activities in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Computer Science. The aim of the Lectures is to further educate and promote talented young Greek and other International students. The Lecturers are given by international highly reputed scientific personalities. Among the Lecturers of previous Series have been thirteen Nobel Laureates.
Detailed information and on-line application through the website: