Two (2) PhD student positions in SMARTWAVE project
Micro-photoluminescence and time decay measurements in semiconductor nanostructures.
he candidate will apply micro-photoluminescence, time-resolved photoluminescence and photon-correlation spectroscopy techniques on various types of semiconductor nanostructures such as quantum dots and nanowires.
GaN polariton structures and their use as sources of entangled photons.
The candidate will design, fabricate and characterize GaN polariton structures in view of detecting entangled photon pairs produced by parametric scattering of polaritons. The main techniques that will be used are photo-electrochemical etching, micro-photoluminescence, micro-reflectivity and angle-resolved photoluminescence.
For the full announcement, follow the link "Related Documents"
Related ProjectSMARTWAVE - Metamaterial based, radio frequency and millimetre wave phase shifters for future generation phased array antenna applications
- aster of Science in Physics, Materials Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in optical, electrical and structural characterization of semiconductors
- Experience in the optical characterization of single semiconductor nanostructures with microscopy techniques
- Master of Science in Physics, Materials Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in optical, electrical and structural characterization of gallium nitride
- Experience in the photo-electrochemical etching of GaN membranes
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications to the address (firstname.lastname@example.org), with cc to Dr G. Deligeorgis (email@example.com).
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Application Form (Form Greek or Form English to the left)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Scanned Copies of academic titles
- Certificate for enrollment in PhD program
Appointment Duration3 months
Καταληκτική Ημερομηνία: 05.06.2022
Ινστιτούτο: Ινστιτούτο Ηλεκτρονικής Δομής & Λέϊζερ